Why an all-remote team can be successful… and work better — why go #NoOffice? (video)
In this presentation that I did in front of an audience of 500+ people at InfoShare 2018 I’m talking about the “why” of #NoOffice - why we’re running a company without an office. What are the advantages and disadvantages and why I believe it’s the future of work.
Why an all-remote team can be successful and work better!?
Originally posted on my personal blog
Apart from the big “why” I also talk about the practical aspects of running an all-remote company and why it might not make sense to rent an office space for your company/startup and why by working all-remote you can have a better team:
- how you can make your team feel more connected… even though they don’t share the same physical space
- how to run meetings, how to run projects, how to get stuff done together in a “no office” team
- when meeting in person matters and when it really doesn’t - how to build a company based on trust and not just control
- why when you’re together you’re wasting time and having only an illusion of control - how to structure communication in your team
- why a physical office can be an additional tool for your team/company but is not a requirement - why you can hire from anywhere and how it benefits you
- why you can save money on rent and save time and stress on daily commute
Plus lots of practical tips of running an all remote team from me - a person, who’s been doing this for the last 11 years + more tips from other companies who’re doing it as well (Automattic, Buffer, MySQL, etc.). Enjoy!
P.S. And if you want to find out how I worked on this presentation, you’ll get the whole back-stage listening or watching the episode 145 of The Podcast