- Your host - Michael Sliwinski
- Our project - the #NoOffice book
- The book is free and your contributions are welcome!
- Technical stuff
Your host - Michael Sliwinski
Hi, I’m Michael Sliwinski and I’m the founder and CEO of Nozbe - a to-do app for teams. We’re a team of 25 people who work completely remotely from their 25 “home offices” and we’ve been doing this for the last 12+ years now. Nozbe has more than 500K users from all over the world.
Our project - the #NoOffice book
Whenever I talk to people about my app and my team people don’t believe we can be successful at running an “all remote company”. They keep asking “where are you based?”, “where’s your office?”… and when I tell them about our remote team they keep repeating that “while it might work for you, it will definitely not work for us”… like if my team were a snowflake ❄️ or a unicorn 🦄 or something.
That’s why I decided to start working on this book - No Office - because I believe work is not a place to go, it’s a thing that you do and an office is just a tool which is not mandatory to be running a successful business.
The idea is to gather all the best pieces of advice on running an all-remote team. Based on my experience running Nozbe and inspired by other remotely working teams.
Actually the goal is bigger - I think this book will be a sound business advice for any type of business - remote or not. Because what works for an all-remote team can substantially improve operation of a team that does have an office.
The book is free and your contributions are welcome!
I’ll be openly writing this book here. Expect weekly (ish) updates from me here.
- Check out Table of Contents
- Add pull requests and comments on GitHub repository
- The book and the site are licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0
If you’re interested, here are some technical details about the whole book-writing process:
- This book is being written in Markdown
- The site is generated with Jekyll hosted on GitHub Pages
- It’s all done on the iPad using the following apps working together: Working Copy for GitHub support, IA Writer for content and Textastic for code.
Let’s write this book together!